Business analytics is one of the fastest-growing data analysis jobs these days. The US Bureau of Labor has stated that the employment range for business analysts will increase by 14% starting from 2020 to 2030. As of now, this particular role is in high demand. However, the candidates lack many of the right skills required for this role.
The main responsibility of the BA is to bridge the gap between the business and the IT team using data analysis. And this data analysis is done to determine the client’s requirements, access their processes, and then deliver the data according to their recommendations.
In addition, the business analyst’s role has some hard-to-define skills. Therefore, we will give you a quick tour of creating an effective BA resume.
How to Create a Business Analyst Resume?
So, to get an excellent job as a business analyst, you need to create a flawless resume for the same profile. This can be a daunting task, so below are the main details that you should mention in your impeccable business analyst resume:
- In your business analyst resume, you must create a separate section showcasing your technical skills. These skills are used in business analysts’ tools and technologies such as SAS, STATA, R, etc.
- If you have done any training or certification for the BA profile, make sure to mention the same.
- Mention the details of your previously handled business analytics project in your academic or professional career.
- Do not write just words in the project section; describe your contributions towards any project with numbers, data, or statistics.
- Do not forget to include your GitHub, LinkedIn, or any personal website in the personal information section of the resume.
The Preferred Layout For a Business Analyst’s Resume
So, now that you know the basic details of this profile, you must know the exact layout of the BA profile resume. The easiest way to create a business analyst resume is to follow the format below.
- Your personal information at the top, including your name, email address, and your contact details,
- An introductory paragraph (one or two sentences)
- Include your soft and hard skills.
- Mention your qualifications and work experience.
- Mention your additional achievements, if any.
Also Read: How to Write a Letter in Business Format
A Business Analyst’s Resume Skills
Listing appropriate keywords and skills in your business analyst resume is an amazing way to catch the hiring manager’s eye. You can take a few tips about the skills from the job description as well.
And apart from that, below are the top business analyst resume skills:
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Verbal/virtual communication
- Presentation skills
- Written communication
- Marketing strategy
- Interpersonal skills
- Influence stakeholders
- Critical thinking
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Quality control
- Statistical analysis
- Suites from Microsoft and Google
- Data analysis
- Project management
- Attention to detail
- Project analysis
- systems analyst
- Oversee records
Business Analysts’ Resume Writing Tips
After mentioning all the above-required details in your business analyst resume, you must consider how to enhance and optimize your resume. So below are some tips for doing the same and directly getting your resume into the hands of the recruiter:
These days, almost 87% of recruiters are using LinkedIn to find suitable candidates for their job requirements. So you must make sure to mention your business skills and work experience details appropriately in your LinkedIn profile. This can assist recruiters in learning more about their candidates.
Highlight your Communication Skills:
The ability to communicate with everyone is one of the most highly prized skills these days. So business analysts should emphasize their communication skills a lot in their resumes.
Hyperlinks to your websites or LinkedIn profiles have become common these days, making recruiters more interested in your resume. Also, it would help if you always preferred to have a separate professional email address for job openings.
Boost your Professional Overview:
You should introduce your professional summary of around 3-5 lines with some relevant keywords that can be used to convince the recruiter that you are eligible for the business analyst position.
Use Bullet Points Always:
Avoid using long sentences and start using bullet points to boost your resume’s appearance.
Writing a winning business analyst resume is essential for getting a job in the competitive market. It is important to ensure that the resume includes all the necessary information potential employers are looking for while also presenting it in an aesthetically pleasing way.
In this article, we discuss what should be included in a business analyst resume and some tips on how to make sure it stands out from the crowd. By following these tips, you can create a convincing business analyst resume that will showcase your skills and experience in the best light possible.